Archive for August 2006
I am big fan of Digg. With nearly half a million members Digg is the biggest technology related community. It is great example for future of media and community management.
Last month i started to submit news to Digg. My aim was to climb top100 digg user, because i believe being top Digg user is (will be) very valuable achievement. Within a month i climbed to 73. of all Digg user. In this article i want to share my top 10 tips(rules) that make me one of the top digg users.
1. Recognize Big Stories: This rules seem to be obvious, but there is (usually) a recipe for big stories. For example, a story that contains, How-to, Tutorial, Reference or Top10 tag have more chance to get front page story. Also, a story about Digg itself, Google or Apple is always popularized by users
Tip: Prefer to submit, how-to, reference, DIY, Top10 style stories
2. Track Pulse of Internet: To submit more and more big stories, you should have known “What’s populer right now”. My major resources for finding big stories are Delicious Populer, and Reddit. I track populer stories constantly at these sites. The populer stories which already bookmarked by dozens of people have big chance to get frontpage story on Digg, too.
3. Interesting Headlines: Some words like Awesome,Great, The only, Finally and Free are usually attracting more diggs than unexciting headlines. Create excitement with your headlines.
4. Humanized Story Description: Diggers usually prefer to quote from the original story. If quotation is exciting there is no problem, but usually there are better options. My advise is some add some human touch to your stories.
Tip: Look up Delicious URL on how people bookmarked your story. You’ll find some inspirational quotes to write exciting description for your stories.
5. Trackback Your Submission: This is not applied by most of digg users. But it can be so powerful. If your story is taken from a blog, i recommend you to add a comment to the story. In comment you can say “I like the story and i submit it to the digg. You and readers please add your diggs to get it frontpage the story…”
Tip: Add comment to the original story to inform readers digg submission.
6. Comment First: Comments added your story are important as the number of diggs your story have. Because diggspy get the latest dugg stories and the latest comment. If your stories have more comment, your stories take more impression and the possibility to get front page increases.
Tip: Try to be the first commenter for your stories. Write comments that spark debates and further conversations. Or ask a question about the story
7. Timing: Timing is so important. Diggtrends have a great research about timing. They conclude that the best time submiting story is 9:00 EST because many office goers start digging as soon as they step in office. My experience confirm this. The stories i submit at night (at noon in istanbul) had less diggs than usual.
Tip: Prefer after 09:00 EST for sumiting stories
8. Make Friends: Digg is not %100 rational of course. People are more likely to dugg stories submited by their friends.
Tip: Make friends. Make generous friends. If you look at Top user screen and sort them by dugg stories you see that some of diggers dugg more than 10000 story. Add them as a friend. They are more likely to add their diggs to your stories
9. Digg Your Friends News: Rules of reciprocation is true for digg community, too. If you dugg your friends’ stories they respond positively and they start to dugg your stories, too.
Tip: Trust your friends and dugg their news.
10. Finally, Enjoy: Enjoy being part of world’s best community. Proud yourself to lead internet traffic
Tip: If you like this story please add your diggs to get it to frontpage. Thanks :)
These were my Top10 tips, what are your tips to become successful Digger?
Tüm bu hesaplama sorularının cevabı için hesaplabakalim.com sitesini geliştirdik.